Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Ferro Bowls
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups dry Farro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest and lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp, thawed and peeled, tails removed
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and torn (about 8 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Crumbled feta cheese and quartered black olives (optional)
- Cook farro in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and hot pepper flakes. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale; cover for one minute. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until wilted. Remove to bowl and reserve.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add shrimp with marinade and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Add tomatoes and cook for one minute to warm slightly. Return kale to skillet; toss to coat.
- Divide hot ferro between serving bowls. Top with skillet shrimp mixture. Garnish with feta and olives to taste.
- Replace farro with 3 cups of another grain such as hot could barley, brown rice, or quinoa.
Wines By Design https://www.winesbydesign.biz/
Check out the Winexpert LE19 releases!
PDF version: Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Ferro Bowls